57 years ago, on 23 March 1956, BASF and HPP celebrated their first topping out ceremony together at the E 100 high-rise. And now, in 2013 the time has come again: clients, architects and other members of the project team have come together to celebrate the completion of the structure. The multifunctional office building fits expediently and harmoniously into the southern part of the BASF headquarters in Ludwigshafen. D 105, the new office and conference centre, provides space for 1,390 flexible workspaces and a modern conference area containing conference rooms for up to 1,200 people. The serene glass facades lend the complex the appearance of classically-proportioned buildings that have been re-interpreted in a contemporary manner using modern materials, and thereby reflecting the company’s building tradition.